Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring

Spring is officially here (according to the calendar), but when will it arrive?  I have been trying to plant my peas for 3 straight weeks!  Sheesh!

Brian and his talented brother, Patrick have been working some magic in my kitchen lately.  You see, I have had spaces for cabinets in my kitchen going on 4 years now.  They are finally filled in with actual cabinets!  YAY!! Miracles never cease!  Thank you, Brian for putting in the order and THANK YOU Patrick for taking the time in my old, almost helpless kitchen and making it look great!  And thank you, Amy (Pat's awesome wife) for giving up your husband for an extra day on behalf of me.  All of the hard work does not go by unappreciated.  I keep thinking my house should be spotlighted on "This Old House" someday.

Most of the time, I wish I had a "new", more conventional living space for my family.  Like, maybe, more than one bathroom (or more like my own), more than just 2 bedrooms, a bigger kitchen for the aspiring cook in me, a room to put the crafty things, closets to hide away the extra stuff, a garage to park the car in....the list goes on, but then I step outside and can barely see the end of my "big enough yard", my huge garden spot, a great swing set/fort and an old shed with electricity and a basement.  Even though, there's some work to do outside, it's that time of year to forget the inside of the house and focus on the yard because that's where we should spend our time now that it's getting warmer, right?

Well, I'm still waiting for those warmer days to come.  I'm waiting for my tulips to bloom.  I'm waiting for the sun to shine hard enough so that I can dig out my flip flops, get a pedicure and go about without my feet getting cold. I'm waiting to get the garden ready for planting.  I'm waiting for my skin to brown.  I'm just waiting for SPRING, SPRING, SPRING!!!!

4 comments:

Margo said...

OH my dear Marilee, how I miss you soooooooooo much!!!!!! This time of year I always think of you and your ever going spirit.... You inspire me so much... I want to be like you when I grow up someday.... I love you... I too am looking forward to warmer weather... Here's to Spring... :O)

Leanne said...

me too. No more snow please!!!!

akagi79 said...

My filp flops are just waiting to be dug too!!! Hurry spring!!!

Amber said...

I love you so much Marilee! I can hardly wait to get together with "the girls" on Thursday! Bring on Spring...I couldn't be more ready!!!