I know, I know, I don't love rain, but when it showered for about 5 minutes the other day, boy, did it feel good and refreshing!! Rainy days make me feel bummed, unmotivated, a little blue........OH! Which reminds me, did I announce that my best-est neighbor/ward friend, MARGO BLUE, just moved back to Utah?? In my ward, in my neighborhood, in her original house....she kept it a secret for months just for little old me and boy was I ever SURPRISED when she came to my door!!!!! (that's a real big understatement, too). There I was standing in my kitchen for the sixth consecutive hour baking my brains out for the beloved Young Women camp fundraiser when a knock came on the door--I hollered at the boys to get the door thinking it was someone I had asked to come and get some cake that I botched--
Me: Go get the door, please
David: (at the door) Hi
Margo: Shhhh, go get your mom
Me: Tell them to come in
Margo: Shhhh
David: Mom, I think you should come to the door
So I walk to the door
Me: (swinging the door open) Come on in
Me: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! MARGO!?! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
I love her so much, as do I love all of my friends, and it is so nice to have a comrade around the corner again! (By the way, I baked 24 giant cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, 30 bran muffins, 2 cherry chocolate cakes, and made 5 1-dozen frozen cookie dough packs and a big batch of Alfredo Sauce--Phew!)
I just watered my vegetable garden so I could weed it (for 4 hours), mowed super fast so it would get done before those dark clouds burst and where is the rain now? I sure wish it would rain so wouldn't have to move the garden hose around or make sure the sprinkler system is on target. And the RAIN would be nice to cool things off a bit.
I sound like a complainer, but, truthfully, I like working hard. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and makes me feel busy and not lazy and besides I like to see the outcome. The problem is that I don't know when to stop myself from finishing a project even if I am completely worn out--sheesh! Oh well.
Anywho, today I wish it would RAIN!
3 comments:
Hey, this is my email
mrs.heather.smith@gmail.com
Erase this post after ya get it, will ya?
I wanna invite you to my blog.
I LOVE YOU!!! You are my bestie!! The other end of my trouble-getting-into arm... YOU ROCK!! :O)
It was fun to surprise you!! LOL :O)
I am glad that your dear friend Margo is back...you have been complaining! lol
Like I said...just reading your blog makes me exhausted! I wish I could bottle all your energy! I would be skinny and my house would be clean! Can I hire you...please???
Post a Comment