Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From the Mouth of Thomas

Oh, Thomas.....he did not want to go to school this morning even after all of the effort of getting dressed, putting shoes on, combing hair, brushing teeth, eating breakfast, loading his lunch into his backpack, putting on his coat and walking out the door to the car. His mood changed from walking out the door to getting to the car door. I actually had to honk the horn to get him to move! That made things even worse for his sudden change of attitude.

I pretty much had to push him out of the car at the school drop off point--sheesh! He would NOT go inside the school even with some coaxing from classmates. I ran an errand to the bank and thought I had better check to see if he was stubborn enough to remain outside the school doors.  Sure enough, he was standing against the cold bricks, arms folded with a scowl on his face. Nothing was going to break this kid this morning!

I packed him to the car and drove him to the front entrance of the school because, by now, he was late and needed to pick up a tardy ticket at the office.  On our way around the corner to the front entrance of the school, he stated,
"I am going back in time to find the guy who invented school and I'm going to tazer that guy!!"

Oh, Thomas.....

4 comments:

Mommy said...

Very funny. You are a good Mom.

Jennilyn said...

lol that is one cute kid.

Margo said...

LOL, that is soooo Thomas!! :O)

Just hope he does better with cub scouts today!! :O)

akagi79 said...

Very Cute!