Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Hustle and Bustle

The hustle and bustle of Christmas is round about me--finishing up the last bit of being Santa's helper for the kids' Christmas morning surprises.  If Christmas morning gifts aren't solidified by now, I get anxious and my brain goes a million miles per hour until the to-do list all crossed out.  I just finished up yesterday--PHEW!! I can rest easy.

I tell myself every year that I don't need to come up with 25 cutesy neighbor gifts, send Christmas cards to 75 families, think of an appreciation Christmas gift for school teachers, maybe just purchase gift cards for the parents, and try to find something inexpensive for my 8 siblings and Brian's 4 siblings. I always think to myself JUST BAG IT ALL and enjoy the reason for the season.

But when I start receiving cards in my mailbox, treats on my doorstep, and endless support from school teachers....and since it's my nature to want to share happiness with others, I feel the need to give something back--not for the praise of man, but for the opportunity to show gratitude and appreciation to those who are a part of my life!

Needless to say, I ordered Christmas cards last week. I thought of a cutesy neighbor gift. Thankfully, the school teachers have a wishing tree on their classroom door. I was given a good idea for something to make for the siblings. Already purchased something for the gals I work with.  In the process of finishing a project for the ladies in the YW Presidency whom I associate with regularly. It really does make me feel glad to give gifts--well thought out, inspired, accidental, cutesy, cheesy or otherwise.

Christmas is a time of Joy, Giving, Love, Sharing, Happiness, Rejoicing and perhaps a little Sacrificing....and all of those monetary things we do at Christmas time point to the Savior. For He IS Joy, Giving, Sharing, Happiness, He did Sacrifice all, and He is the reason to Rejoice!

As one message I received in the mail the other day said---

Wishing You A Christ-filled Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Mommy said...

i LOVE THAT LAST LINE!!

Amber said...

Love ya girl! Hope to see you for Christmas, we will be at mom and dads visiting that week. =)

Margo said...

Amen sista!!! Love you!! :O)