Wednesday, December 10, 2008

15 Days 'till Christmas

Well, there's only 15 days left to prepare for Christmas Day!! I can't believe it!! I am totally NOT ready and I'm trying to push the commercialism out of the way so I am able to FEEL Christmas this year and hopefully teach my boys what Christmas is really about. Sure, they know it's a celebration of our Savior's birth, Mary and Joseph's journey, Shepherds and Wisemen, but they still focus on what's going to be underneath the Christmas Tree. I'd really like them to FEEL Christmas as well--and in order for them to do that I need to be that example for them and show them what Christmas truly means.

I did get my homemade Christmas cards mailed yesterday--wahoo! And even though there's a little note in the card, my real Christmas wish for you is that you may FEEL Christmas in your hearts and your whole being (wouldn't that be fabulous?) One of my favorite christmas quotes is "WISEMEN STILL SEEK HIM". So, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a great quote! I'm with you, it seems to be a struggle to help our kids FEEL the intended spirit of Christmas, rather than anticipate all of the commercialized gifts.

Leanne said...

good thoughts. thanks.

Alene said...

I can't believe how fast time flies! It will be here before you know it.

Jackson 8 said...

I loved your cards your amazing. Merry Christmas.

The Crook Book said...

I loved the cards, too. I am trying to take out the commercialism too. It just isn't working so well right now. But, we have been reading the Forgotten Carols as a family. That has been a fun thing.