We survived the first week of "Summer Vacation". I'm the mean mom and had my kids eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair, do jobs and even do some schoolwork before the TV was allowed to be turned on. I am not the boys' favorite person right now. I do, however, have a reward system for when all the items on their checklist are marked off. And, on Friday, if their checklist is all marked off Monday thru Thursday then there's a bigger reward for Friday (allowance) or Saturday (something fun to do).
This Saturday we went to the Hill Air Force Base Air Show. There were thousands of people, security gates, airplanes/helicopters on display for touring, lots of military men, and more people camped out to view the air show. We had no idea what to expect, but had a great time!! Those pilots can do some pretty nifty tricks!
When the boys were finished (much sooner than Brian and I were), we walked the mile back to where the car was parked, ate a sandwich and headed for the Aerospace Museum. That was interesting, too, and the boys absolutely loved it.
We're hoping to do some cool things this Summer as a family and I feel like we started off on the right foot. Wahoo!
The end of this week is the Shepherd Family Reunion that I helped plan for 65 fun folks (mom & dad, 8 siblings, about 33 nieces/nephews, and about 11 great nieces/nephews) It should be a blast!
4 comments:
Glad to see you survived the first full week of summer vacation. Mine was pretty good, until yesterday, then I was informed by my kids that I was a really mean mom. I hate it when I (and they) feel that way...
The air show sounds fun. We got to see one of the falcons from Colorado that was here for the air show last week at Thanksgiving Point. Pretty cool.
Have a fun reunion! Tell Kalyn to come see me!! (sometime...please!) I miss seeing her every week at church!
I hope you post all your fun activity ideas all summer long! I need some help!!
Hey-you need to let me know about some of these things! We would have loved to go to the air show! It looks like you had a great time. I miss seeing you at work. We should have planned our summer schedule better. Love ya, Stef
Post a Comment