A while back one of my friends blogged about Homemade Laundry Soap---wow, what a great idea!! I got the recipe from her, purchased the supplies and made some laundry detergent of my own. I have been using it and I really like it. It is dye free, has no fillers, has a slight fragrance, my whites are white, my jeans get cleaned and it only costs about 10 cents a load!
So, a couple of weeks ago when I was filling up the Jet Dry dispenser in my dishwasher, I thought, I wonder if there's Homemade Jet Dry? That would save me some cash! I thought for a minute and decided that vinegar or rubbing alcohol could be a good alternative (I know, I'm slow).
So the next time the Jet Dry was all used up I dumped rubbing alcohol in the dishwasher. I didn't like the smell so much, but the dishes came out unspotted. When that was empty I added white vinegar to the Jet Dry dispenser. It works too! But then, today, I had this fabulous idea to google "homemade jet dry" to check to see if there was another proven alternative (I told you I was slow). And do you know what the recipe was? You guessed it---White Vinegar!!
3 comments:
So glad you like it!!! I LOVE it!!
Haha! I knew the white vinegar trick, but I need in on the laundry detergent one. Danielle has been making her own as well, and has had good results too. Maybe I will have to get the recipe from you and compare the two to see if they are the same.
I loved that idea. I used it for the last week because of you. ThAnks.
Post a Comment