Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween is Coming!

I love Halloween because I love to dress up!!! (and it's near my birthday). There is nothing more fun than wearing something unusual (or a costume) any time of year, but since Halloween is all about costumes one can actually get away with it easily.

A few years ago, at Halloween time, I dressed up 4 times in something different for each party/event--that was so much fun!

You know, I like to have the family dress up in "theme", but that hasn't worked out very well the past couple of years because the boys have such different ideas and personalities. I have been working on our Halloween costumes and it gets me excited for trick-or-treating.

David wants to dress like Al Capone (David: "one of America's most famous public enemies"). 

Thomas wants to be a Ninja, like last year, but he wants the weaponry to go along with it for this year.

Jacob, while eating spinach one day, decided that Popeye would be a great thing to be for Halloween, so I have had to use some creativity with that one--and it has been fun getting his "muscles/tattoo" and sailor scarf figured out.

Me? I like to recycle the Harley-Davidson outfit every few years so I just keep adding to my "biker" collection.  This year I found some black leather chaps for ten bucks (which I am so dang excited about)!!!  But I'm having trouble finding my skull cap--it's black leather with a red leather flame in it--it's really neat.  I've searched everywhere for the dang thing and I KNOW it's somewhere so say a little prayer that I can find it, will ya?

Brian said he would be content to be the guy that passes out the candy.....BORING! Maybe he should just throw a suitcase over his head since he will have been traveling for 6 weeks straight!! (by the way, 3 weeks down and 3 weeks to go).  I know, I'M THE WOMAN (totally just kidding!!)

Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Margo said...

You are the woman!!! You rock!! :O) Still need to get going on costumes for my rug rats.... and maybe even me this year... LOL

Leanne said...

I love how your whole family dresses up and has a party in your parent's backyard, it's a tradition we never miss! (my kids wouldn't do the theme I had for my family this year--alice in wonderland, my baby girl would have made the perfect alice.) oh well.

akagi79 said...

My husband is boring too!!LOL! Not that I go all out or anything! My kids costumes are almost finished!!!

Amber said...

I love the suitcase on the head costume idea! I think Sean may need one as well! Haha!

{Mo} said...

You rock girl... we haven't even begin to decide what we're going to be??? I'll pull out the trusty witch hat for preschool, but otherwise, who knows? Carlie changes her mind daily...darn little indecisive girl!

Sarah said...

What fun ideas! You amaze me!

The Crook Book said...

You are amazing!! I love ya, Marilee! What a fun Mom you are!! I hope your kids realize how lucky they are!!