Today is the day to wear green...or else.....someone will pinch you. Hee! Hee! I love the look of a four leaf clover and that it represents good luck. Sometimes we all need o'bit of good luck, ay? Brian's "Laney" name is of Irish descent and he tells me when he dies that he wants me to host a wake instead of a viewing--LOL!
The other evening was our ward's Relief Society Birthday Party/Meeting and the program consisted of a couple of wonderful speakers who spoke about the Temple, particularly the building of the Payson Temple, and speaking of lucky, that makes me feel pretty lucky (more like blessed) to be able to live in the same town where a Temple will be.
Brother Mark DeHart, who is a kind, humble, subtly humorous gentleman, shared with our group the history of the piece of land that his family owned where the Temple is being built. It was nice to hear the whole story as I have heard tiddly-bits here and there from Brian's mom, who is dear friends with the DeHart family.
The Temple reminds me how lucky (blessed) I am to have been sealed to my husband for eternity and that my children, who have been entrusted to us, will belong to us forever. I love to go to the Temple and feel the peace and love that surrounds me there. Sometimes, the daily rigmarole makes us lose sight of what truly matters and it gets difficult to juggle life (the world's view) and the truth (testimony of the Gospel), but when I leave the Temple I have a new found urge to put what the world tells us aside and I feel stronger and have a better commitment to teach my boys the way they should go and raise them in righteousness. I made the Lord a promise that's what I would do, and the best way to teach is by example (and I have a long way to go).
I am looking forward to General Conference--you know the day where we have church in our pajamas? Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed after listening to of all the things I should be doing better to improve in spirituality and helping my family, but it's also a good reminder that we never stop progressing and the only person holding me back is ME! And that the key is to hear the words of the prophets, listen, and then go do it!
Easter is approaching and I am grateful to reflect on the Savior, Jesus Christ, that he conquered death so each person who leaves this mortal state could resurrect and live again. And through Him and our Temple ordinances I will be able to be with those who have passed on. And like I said, I hold the ticket to my own salvation (and right now, my kids').
I honestly don't know how my life would be or where in the world I would be if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints weren't a huge part of it (more like, my life)---it makes me sad to think of it. I am so blessed (lucky) to know the truth of the Christ's true gospel and I love how it blesses mine and my family's life every single day and helps me to be an improving best self.
So, my point, think about how lucky you are today---and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment