Do you ever wake up feeling "BLAH"? I did today because I have this little cold, so I ditched the workout at the gym this morning, fixed up some cold cereal for breakfast and really wanted to go back to bed (but I didn't). I did accomplish a few tasks as I ho-hummed around the house. For lunch we had gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then it was time to take Thomas to Kindergarten. Tuesday is my day to help in the Kindergarten class and Jacob goes to the neighbors to play. Jacob expressed that he didn't want to go and that he wanted to stay home.
When I finally made it to the car after gathering shoes, jackets and backpacks Jacob wasn't in sight. I hollered and hollered for him with no answer. Hmmm....I figured he was hiding under the couch like he does sometimes when he is sneeking candy, but no Jacob. At this point I started looking in crazy places like in the locked pantry, the dryer, the freezer, the sheds (which were locked), the neighbors farm, I even drove to the park praying that he wouldn't have walked across the highway. I had searched for 25 minutes and by this time was panicked!! Thomas was late for school and since I take the neighbor boy, he was late for school too! So, one more trip around the block and one more search in the yard and one more walk through the house......I found Jacob under the bunkbed in a dark, shadowy spot (I'd looked under there 4 times and didn't see him). Sure enough, he went hiding and fell asleep while I was seeking. Thus the reason for no answer from him as I called for him.
My heart has stopped pounding and my blood pressure is back to normal now. All is well and Jacob is having some TIME OUT!! A nice way to continue a "BLAH" day, Eh? Needless to say, I am looking forward to some much needed girl time this evening at the One Man Band.
1 comment:
AHHH, I would be FREAKING out! I'm glad it all worked out ok, and I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment