Want to dance the Salsa? Well, frankly, I'm sick of salsa. I have chopped tomatoes, onions and peppers until my hands hurt! I canned some, we ate some, had a "salsa party" with family to try to get it eaten (which has worked for the most part) and by the time it gone, it's time to harvest the goods from the garden and start all over again.
Saturday 8/22: I just couldn't bring myself to get out my favorite Pampered Chef item (the chopper) and pound on it all day. So I prepared all the veggies for a quick trip to my fabulous in-laws to use mom's Cuisenart food processor. (I really should have my own--here's a side story about that. Last summer we made almost as much salsa as we have this year so I had Brian go out to his mother's to use her food processor to speed up the salsa making process. He thought it was so slick that Brian wanted to invest in our own food processor--wahoo!! So, for Christmas we were going to buy one for ourselves. Well....our water heater broke on Christmas Day so we spent the money on a new water heater instead of a Cuisenart Food Processor. Yeah, I'm still bitter about the whole thing especially this time of year). So I had everything ready to go with a goal to home by 11:00 a.m.. I ended up with 20 cups of prepared salsa. I left 8 cups with mom since she went to the store for a green pepper and I brought home 12 cups of salsa to can.
Long story short--it's still in my fridge because I had to finish my pickles and then I was off to my nieces bridal shower. Yes, I made pickles this year--lots and lots of homemade pickles!! But I couldn't have as many of it weren't for my favorite next door neighbor, Amy Butler, who gave me tons of cucumbers--THANK YOU! (no pictures--broken camera).
1 comment:
oh, my hands hurt just reading that! Have you looked for a deal on a food processor on KSL?
Post a Comment