Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Domestic Diva

Remember this post? It was my third post ever. Now, I have an announcement to make (drum roll, please). I have completed each task and so I am re-naming my occupational title to Domestic Diva.

So, I got this "Getting To Know You" e-mail (one of many) and one of the questions was what is your occupation? Being clever, the answer I gave was Domestic Engineer, rather than homemaker. As I thought about it for a minute or two, I decided that I want to change my title to Domestic Diva. So, before I do this I have made a few goals to accomplish before making the official change (this may take a few months). I feel like I can sew good enough to get by, I like to cook, I enjoy baking, I can bottle peaches, beans, tomatoes, and make jam, I can make cinnamon rolls like my mother-in-law (almost), I can take care of most medical needs that arise around the house (and I know my way to the doctor's office), I can clean and organize the household, I do laundry, I do homework and read with the boys, I can be crafty (as far as my tools allow me), I can install light fixtures, fix the telephone, plunge the toilet, unclog the kitchen sink and I even hung the christmas lights on the house. I can grow a garden and plant tulip bulbs and I like to mow the lawn. I'm not afraid of a gallon of paint, I installed all the blinds in my house and have tried to decorate it the best I can.....I'm sure there's more, but, that about sums it up.
So here are my goals--

#1 Be successful at making pie crust

#2 Be brave enough to use a nail gun or skil saw

#3 Not lose my temper for 3 whole days

#4 Prepare and cook a turkey

When I have accomplished those things I will change my Occupation Title to Domestic Diva!!

Wahoo! Yep, I saved the turkey baking until very last, but I actually cooked a moist turkey the other day. I've made a few pies and those I shared it with loved the crust (thanks to my sis, Eileen, for the fabulous recipe). I put my courage badge on a couple of times and used the Skil saw to make some cuts and was pretty successful at getting them straight. Also, with Brian being gone so much lately I have learned to "pick my battles" with the boys and have done pretty well at not losing my temper (that doesn't mean my patience hasn't been tried).

Disclaimer: I do realize that there are still many things to try and learn and that I will keep doing so to maintain the said title.

7 comments:

Hope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hope said...

WOW! You've come a long way from making ONLY spaghetti once a week:) Put that Domestic DIVA badge on and wear it proudly!!

{Mo} said...

Marilee..... YOU ROCK!!!!!
NO really girl, you are amazing (you were before you acomplished all the things on your list too)! You deserve a badge and a crown!

akagi79 said...

I love this post! Marilee you are talented! I'm not suprised to see you do any of those things on your list! I admire so many things about you! And I might have to use the title sometime! I love it!!

Amber said...

You are AMAZING, I have no idea how you get it all done. You can add to that list find time to be a great friend. Love ya girl!

Marilee said...

Well, I couldn't do anything without good friends like my bloggin friends!!

I could die happy in Forks... said...

You will love the nail gun! :0) It was great to see you today! I am sorry I missed out on lunch with you guys! You are so fun and brighten my day! Thank you for your awesome friendship! Love ya!