Saturday, November 28, 2009

Jacob is Six

Jacob's birthday was on Thanksgiving Day this year! It was a trick to incorporate his birthday celebration with the Thanksgiving festivities.

After browsing the "toy department" with Jacob in a few stores he left no clues for what he would like for a birthday present. On the way home I finally asked him what he would like for his birthday. He replied, "Uhm, just pick something out for me, mom."

What? I have never heard of a five year old (going on six) with no firm idea of what toy he desires. A few days later, I wandered up and down the toy aisles hoping something would jump out and grab me! I thought Brian would have some good ideas, but he wasn't much help either. (He did want a pinata really bad which was already taken care of). We decided, against all common sense, on Play Dough. That's right, the Burger Builder, by Play Dough. I know, I know, desperation had kicked me in the butt.

Jacob was totally surprised (and excited) when he unwrapped his gift and to start creating Play Dough food.

He had turkey cupcakes to share with the family after our Thanksgiving meal had settled. He received some fun presents from Grandma & Grandpa Shepherd, Aunt Sarah, Aunt Eileen and Aunt Kalyn.

Jacob is a funny kid! He is smarter than a whip and likes school (because it's easy), he LOVES to color and draw, he wants to do everything without help, he's very friendly, he is happy and fun to be with. WE LOVE YOU, JACOB!!!

All in all, it was a good birthday in lieu of Thanksgiving Day!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Jacob is such a sweet boy and so thoughtful. I am glad he had such a wonderful birthday and was able to celebrate with so many people who love him, what more could a kid ask for?!