Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's For Real

Valentine's Day is here and winding down now.  The kids had a great day at school. I can't believe how many treats came home in their decorated bags!

Well, I did get sugar cookies baked, frosted and packaged up--phew! 

rolling out the dough from a recipe that I am sworn to secrecy for

baked
raspberry cream cheese frosting--DELISH!

ready to enjoy!
The day began just lovely, everything was calm, everyone was happy and excited and shouting "Happy Valentine's Day" and "I Love You". I woke up to roses left on my kitchen table from my lover, too.

how sweet!

As I got dressed and ready for work, and started to make the boys lunches, I noticed an unfamiliar key hanging on the key rack.......SHOOT.......we forgot to complete our cleaning assignment, last night, at the church building down the street!!!!!!  DANG IT!!!  Needless to say, that threw a wrench in things.

So, I threw together a quick plan, changed into cleaning clothes, made sure the boys were explicitly instructed on what they needed to do to finish getting ready for school, (I ceased to put together any lunches in my panic), told the gals at work I would be really tardy (and wondering how in the world I would be able to finish all my work duties on time to prepare for a nice V-Day evening), quickly made a protein shake so I wouldn't tip over, made it to the church by 7:30 a.m. 

Cleaning chores at church:

-Clean all chalkboards
-Vacuum all classrooms & hallways
-Vacuum entire chapel, including in between benches and rostrum
-Clean all entry way glass doors and windows
-Clean bathrooms and mop
-Clean kitchen and mop
-Dust mop the gymnasium floor
-Empty every classroom garbage

Did I miss something? Who knows! I only spent 3.5 hours (it would have been 4.5 if my dear friend Neva didn't come to the rescue) cleaning the church Lone Ranger style--Yee Hah!! Gitty Up!!

So, my plan of feeling/looking cute on Valentine's Day went down the toilet (no pun intended) and I went to work a little sweaty and with disinfectant as my perfume AND my "it's Valentine's Day, I am going to have everything I love today" idea was now set in concrete.  I had earned a yummy Pepsi and I treated myself to my favorite cheeseburger and fries from the Santaquin Conoco station--what a blessed eat!

Amazingly, I DID get all of my duties finished at work, checked in at home for a bit, and raced off to acquire Brian's Valentine before he got home from work.  I even managed to purchase a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's for a candlelight supper.  It was all ready when I got home with a gift for Brian and we sat down together as a loving family and shared a fun Valentine-y meal.  

(BIG SIGH)

This post has helped me to decompress.....well, just about....gotta fold and put away a batch of laundry first.

1 comment:

Jen said...

NO kdding "big sigh." You are such a Super Woman! We need to get together again with Hope, SOON. :)