Tuesday, May 20, 2008

32 Ounce Pepsi with Vanilla, Please

I just love a Pepsi with a vanilla squirt and crushed ice--what is the deal? I don't need the caffiene, but I sure do love that cola flavor! The funny thing is that I used to never have a drink except on occasion. But when our family made the move from Santaquin to Spanish Fork and I had to get in the car 3 times a day for the lovely school runs, I started stopping by the local Chevron for a soda (it was my daily "feel-good moment" because I mourned to be back in my Santaquin cul-de-sac) I even bought a re-fill cup--sheesh! I'm disappointed to say that this routine became habit.

HELLO! I went 30 years without it, why start now?!? However, I thought that when we moved to Payson (from Spanish Fork) that the daily Pepsi run would disappear. Well, not true!! It took about a week to find a drive-thru that made good Pepsi sodas with good vanilla squirts that had crushed ice. I'm sorry to say that the local Chevron's drive-thru is still my "feel-good moment" of the day--the saddest part about it is that I don't have anyone to take a Pepsi or Dr.Pepper to (because I really liked doing that). So, what am I to do? Well... when I started getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go to Dumbbells Gym, I told myself that it would be stupid to work my butt off in order to burn 500 calories and then blow it on "the Pepsi of the day", but since I really like it I made a compromise and now have "Pepsi Wednesday's". Did you know that a 32 ounce soda literally has 2 cups of sugar in it (I don't do diet) which is about 400 calories, and each flavor squirt is 100 calories???? That means "the Pepsi of the day" equals at least 500 calories!! Besides, caramel colored soft drinks make your teeth yellow. You would think that would be incentive enough to quit, right? WRONG! I just love Pepsi! So, I get up at 5 a.m. run 3-4 miles or do a 45 minute spinning (stationary bike) class and on Wednesday's cancel it out by ordering a "32 ounce Pepsi with vanilla with crushed ice, please". (Honestly, I probably have 3 Pepsi's a week). It's sad, I know. The other funny thing about this dumb habit is that all of my friends QUIT "the drink of the day" and I STARTED "the drink of the day"--how dumb is that?!?

I have been a Pepsi addict for 2 years now. I guess the first step is admitting that I have a problem--hee! hee! But don't worry, when I take Thomas to school at 12:30 p.m. the folks at Chevron will be serving up a nice, cool Pepsi with vanilla just for me :)

3 comments:

Marla said...

mArilee, that is so funny. When you look like you do I think that 500 calories is okay. I am sorry that I don't live closer so that you can bring me one. Something that is really good here- we do not have a drive through here. I have to get my butt out and drag all the kids in. Sometimes, that is just not worth it.... BUT SOMETIMES IT IS!

Marilee said...

I really miss taking a drink to my friends. Hey! It's Pepsi Wednesday today!! Wahoo!

{Mo} said...

Hey, you can bring me a pepsi or even a coke with vanilla and crushed ice anytime! You are doing better than me, my sister and I go on a drink run every morning, somtime between 10 and 11! If you are ever around, come go with us :) My only complaint, the local (and only) gas station doesn't have crushed ice.