I just have to give an update on the yard projects.....we finally got the swing set cemented in the ground and added swings, YAY! A few weeks ago we planted 50 trees--we stapled over 350 feet of lanscape fabric , put a drip watering system in for them and, believe it or not, every single tree has grown 8-10 inches already. The garden.......well, we put a whole bunch of black plastic down in our 80' x 25' garden spot, but haven't decided how to effectively water it so there aren't any seeds in the ground yet, but really need to get it going (like, 2 weeks ago). However, we completed the sprinkler system for the back yard last night, tested it and all is working well! YEE HAH!! The tulips in the front flower beds are dying out and the new summer growth is beginning to pop up and my daisies are coming up (I love daisies!). I planted some alyssum and some more daisies in the front and need to plant a couple climbing rose bushes on the south side of my little house--Fun! Fun! Although there are many things to do still, I am glad we have knocked out a few big projects so far.SUMMER TO-DO-LIST- Install outdoor drinking fountain
- Put a dump truck load of rock around the trees
- Take loads and loads of junk to the dump
- Clean under shed awning
- Move wood under shed awning
- Make a patio/picnic area
- Install door on shed
- Zip line/build platform
- Build a bird house
- Put playground chips (or other) around fort and swings
- Garden sink
Gotta love it!! Hey, at least we're never bored!
2 comments:
YOU. ARE. AMAZING!!!! That's really all I can say. We have so mych to do in our yard, and well it's just not getting done! I need to borrow you for just a day, or even your motivation and energy!
You are AWESOME!! I have to start from scratch again! I guess it comes with the territory. I need your knowledge. I am excited to see all of your trees!
Post a Comment