Tuesday, June 3, 2008
OVERwhelmed
You know, I just have to vent for a minute or two.....I get to go to Stake Youth Conference tomorrow through Friday. We are going to Bennion Creek (Spanish Fork Canyon) and we all get to camp in tents which is not my most favorite thing, but I will survive! Thursday night is Pack Meeting and the boys get to participate in the Pinewood Derby (vroom, vroom). Since I have a Cub Scout calling in lieu of being Mia Maid advisor, I got appointed to arrange for the race track--and since I will not be here (because of Youth Conference) I need to get the track from our Stake building to our ward building and hope that the other cub committee members do their part (it's a good thing that I have complete confidence in them all). But then on this coming Saturday I have planned to attend the "Women in the Outdoors" event and Brian was asked to teach a GPS/Geocaching class at the event, thus another day out and about. Oh, and next Friday is Cub Scout Day Camp so I, again, have the privilege of going. Then on Saturday, there is a district cub scout activity. Here's the catch--Brian has planned a guy's camping trip for that Friday to Saturday and I will have pawned my kids off for 4 days so Brian doesn't have to use his vacation time for me to fulfill my church responsibilities. Sheesh! Well, the next week (June 24-27) is Girl's Camp...tenting it! My dear, helpful husband signed up to be our presiding priesthood for a couple days of camp, so that means I will have to arrange a place for my children AGAIN! (The poor darlings). So, you see my frustration!?! I am feeling swamped and overwhelmed right this minute. However, week by week there will be one less thing to do and by the time June is over with I will be a burned out, happy camper (no pun intended).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like lots of outdoor and cub scout fun! Hope everything goes well! And GOOD LUCK!
You poor, poor girl! I'm feeling stress about 1 week of girls camp, without all the rest. Good luck, you are one amazing woman!
Post a Comment