Friday, June 20, 2008

My Friend Chris

My friend, Chris Gifford, who has lived in Santaquin, Utah for 15 years is moving to Auburn, Washington (near Seattle) this weekend. Best wishes to her and her family as they embark on a new adventure and blaze new-found trails.

Even though we are not "call-you-once-a-week-on-the-phone" friends, we meet up with all the gals for cheese fries or a late dollar movie (or a trip to Disneyland). I've known Chris for about 7 years and in that seven years I have learned many wonderful things and a handful of survival tips.

Here's a few things I've learned from/about Chris (but there's more):



  • She is an awesome parent and I have enjoyed listening to her tell about her parenting bouts (and I'm waiting for her to write a book on effective parenting techniques)

  • If she can sew it, she'll sew it

  • She has one of everything in her purse

  • She likes to drive

  • She knows ALL music, artists, and song titles

  • She is a dork and that's just dandy because, now, I know it's okay to be a dork too

  • She doesn't put up with anybody's "crap"

  • She is dedicated to whatever she is called upon to do (wife, motherhood, friend, cub scouts, exercise classes, soccer, community events, church ball, church choir, girls camp, band mom, etc.)

  • If she can do it, then it gets done

  • She is creative

  • She is FUN!

  • She laughs at herself

  • She laughs with you at yourself

By now, I am surfing the wave of emotion! (Chris, do you have a life preserver in your purse?)

You know, you think you know someone pretty well and then you go on a 4 day trip with them and a whole new door is opened....words cannot express how AWESOME that trip was!!!!!! Wow! Many thanks to my friend, Chris and I will definitely miss her!!!

4 comments:

The Crook Book said...

Wow! You really have a way with words. You hit the nail on the head about Chris. I am so glad I had a life preserver on. Thanks for the reminder. You are awesome! love ya, Stef

Marla said...

You are awesome. I am convinced that we have such a good friendship between us because we all know how to be good friends. What a blessing.

I could die happy in Forks... said...

You totally described Chris! That is so her and we are so blessed to know her! Anyone would be! You are so fun! We need to get together soon!

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

so how are you?