Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ahhh...Lavender


This weekend was Lavender Days in Mona. The fields are in full bloom with purple hues and calming fragrance. I know, because I ran in their annual 5K yesterday morning. It was a dirt road course and it wasn't easy but I made it across the finish line in a fairly good time. I was 79th place overall out of 368 women runners (not too bad, I guess). Even though I'm not the fastest runner I am glad to participate and have a good time. It was fun to see Brian and the boys at the finish line, too.
By the way, I need some 5K running buddies--ya'll start training so we can have some good times huffing and puffing. I plan to do the Santaquin Orchard Days Fun Run (August 2nd) and the Onion Days 5K (Sept. 1st). So dust off those running shoes and hit the road!

5 comments:

The Crook Book said...

You are impressive! Good job!! I will see what I can do to get there with you sometime. I will have to walk for awhile, but at least I would be there. Thanks for being such a good example! Love ya, Stef

{Mo} said...

What a WONDER WOMAN you are! You know my theroy on running right? I'm really trying to work up to wanting to run, but I'm not quite there, maybe someday! Way to go girlie! 79th is great, I would have been 368th.

Jackson 8 said...

You are Awesome! You need to let us now when you are doing these events so we can cheer you on. Way to go! Keep up the good work. You are a great example to all of us. Thanks!

Marla said...

That is way awesome!!!!!! I want to do it with you but I am a waaaaayyyyyy for away! I guess one step closer is one step closer. I can do that! Love ya lots, Marla

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

You are awesome! i need to do that one day. You are a great example to me. love ya