Friday, November 14, 2008

Random Thoughts

Sheesh! I feel like I have been doing the same old thing day in and day out. Life gets monotonous sometimes--I guess it's time for a "get-a-way" (it's coming up, WAHOO!)

Brian started a new job at the Utah National Guard base this week--he will a be doing what he's always done just at a different place. He is really excited for the change but sad to leave NuSkin after 9 years. He gets to leave the house by 5:00 a.m. because work starts at 6:00! So there goes my gym pass (I'll go at night).


SOAPBOX:
What's up with the radio stations playing Christmas music already!??! Don't get me wrong I love the holiday tunes, but not until AFTER Thanksgiving. Are people so ungrateful that they just skip over the Thanksgiving Holiday and go straight to Christmas?...gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, me, me, me, I want, I want, I want. It just disgusts me! I fear that the Lord will not bless us when we become an even more selfish people. We need to take of our families' needs and then give whatever else we have to give (service, friendship, meals, an ear, a shoulder, laughter, empathy, sympathy, happiness).

7 comments:

Jen said...

Amen sister! I refuse to land on the stations that play Christmas music before Thanksgiving.
So glad to find your blog again. Let me know if you didn't get the invite to ours.
I look forward to keeping in touch. Your boys are getting so old! What a handsome bunch!

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

I agree....I don't like going to the store either since so many places have up Christmas stuff.

I have three more birthdays before Christmas...I don't want to think about Christmas gifts yet. LOL!

The Crook Book said...

You are so right! I want to enjoy Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

I agree with you one the Christmas music. It really bothers me too. Glad you can have a break soon those are always nice.

akagi79 said...

Sorry! I love Christmas music! I have always love Christmas, but that doesn't mean I forget Thanksgiving!!!I'm already done with my holiday shopping. I just like to be organized. I do agree we live in a day and age that people expect more and give less. I have a saying in my house that I love "Live simply, Give more,Expect less. I want my kids to grow up giving and always being Thankful for all they have always Not just around the holidays!!

Alene said...

I totally love this picture of your family! I'll miss you guys too, and I would have loved to go to BEAR LAKE! (I wore my Bear Lake t-shirt yesterday and was talking about how pretty it was to some friends--one girl even wants to come visit Utah now.)

I know what you mean, but here we're already done with Thanksgiving. We went into Starbucks (for a muffin, of course) and they were playing traditional Christmas music and I loved it! I'm so sad I won't be there for Christmas. I love picking out gift for people.

Marla said...

That is exactly the same schedule that I live on. Garry leaves at 5:00 and is home later. I miss ya. I feel like I have been detached from the "friends" group for a while. One of these days catch a ride up with Brian and spend a day.