Sunday, November 9, 2008

'Tis Sweet To Sing This Sabbath Day

"Sunday is a different day--It's a special day"
(quote by Brian Laney)

It's chilly out and the leaves are blowing from the trees. I can hear a woodpecker pecking at the tree nearby my window. Sunday dinner is in the crockpot and I smell brownies baking in the oven. I'm sitting here thinking about the week ahead and trying to organize my thoughts--the things I have to do, the things I need to do, and the things I get to do. I just finished making invitations for YW Evening of Excellence, reviewed today's lesson on Good Health Habits, and deciding what kind of hors d'oeuvres to make for our Mia Maid Tea Party on Wednesday. The boys have had their Sunday baths and now they're watching the original Superman movie. Since our Church meetings begin at 1:30 p.m. we usually can accomplish a lot throughout the morning. Come January, Church starts at 9:00 a.m. Ohp, the oven is beeping--time to take the brownines out!

4 comments:

akagi79 said...

I love church at 9:00!! The rest of my family DOES NOT! So we will all be happy (hopefully) when we start going at 11 in January. I love Sundays!! They are sooo relaxing!! Hey, I'm going private, so leave your email address on my blog so I can add you!!

I could die happy in Forks... said...

I love it when Sunday's go smoothly! Any good ideas for the good health habbit lesson. I have to teach that one next week. Guess it's a good one for me to give! LOL ;0)

Leanne said...

I have decided that I would rather have church at 9AM than any other time...we are currently battling our kids on the 11 o'clock schedule. Right smack in the middle of nap and lunch times...no good!

The Crook Book said...

Sounds like you had a nice Sunday! My Sunday was relaxing too! It pays to be prepared(that usually doesn't happen). Love ya, Stef