Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Time

Well, I'm home from my Girl's Getaway and back in the full swing of things--laundry, cleaning, organizing, planning Jacob's birthday, going to the office.....I am thankful for a husband who supports me and all the crazy things I do just to get a break. Hee! Hee!

For FHE we had a Thanksgiving "Thankful For" memory game. It was a cute memory game of all the things we are thankful for. It was fun and the boys learned what they should be thankful for:
  • Prayer
  • Prophet
  • Family
  • Food and clothing
  • Temples
  • Home
  • Scriptures
  • Body
  • Heavenly Father and Jesus
  • Baptism

I will add to that list:

  • Good friends
  • Wonderful, hard working husband
  • Supportive parents
  • My calling (YW Mia Maid Advisor)
  • A working vehicle
  • Good health
  • Growing children
  • Cheese fries
  • Babysitters
  • that the Twilight movie was not a let-down
  • and more, so much more!!

The funny thing is that I think we'll be going to Chuck-A-Rama for our Thanksgiving meal this year--I told Brian, jokingly, that we should just go somewhere and eat this year since neither one of our parents is hosting Thanksgiving. He likes the idea, so now I am trying to talk him out of it because my Mom (afterall) is cooking dinner on Thanksgiving Day. Hee! Hee!

2 comments:

Alene said...

What? No thanksgiving at the Laney's? I guess I don't have anything to miss, then! I hope you had a great time over the weekend!

Jen said...

Ha! We were in the same boat a couple of years ago, so we just stayed in our p.j's, watched movies all day and cooked our own little Thanksgiving dinner. It was one of our most favorite Thanksgivings ever.