Monday, March 23, 2009

101st Post!

Okay folks, here it is...my 101st post!!
My sis-in-law sent me an e-mail some months ago, it was 100 things about herself. It intrigued me. So, I thought I would start thinking of 100 things about Marilee Laney and post it as my 100th post. As you know, something more "fun" came up so I bumped this to my 101st Anniversary post. I just want you to know that thinking of 100 things about yourself isn't as easy as it sounds, thus, the months it took to complete. Now I'm sure there are repeats and I truly hope you will learn something new about me and not have thoughts like "she is so conceited", or "I can't believe she actually posted one hundred things about HERself", for that is not my intent at all. Honestly, I wanted to see if there were at least 100 different things I could think of about myself (and prove, to myself, that I'm not a "stick-in-the-mud")--it took a few months, but I did it! Here goes....


1. I am not an introvert
2. Youth is a beautiful thing and I’m beginning to miss it
3. I like to cook--even in my claustrophobic, tiny kitchen
4. I like to bake even more
5. It makes me happy when people spell my name right
6. Why is it that I always see someone in wal-mart when I look like a scrounge?
7. My trials are different from yours....mine have names
8. I need to lose 25 pounds
9. My heritage is AWESOME!
10. I cry at parades when I see someone I know in it
11. The color YELLOW is my favorite (always has been, always will be)
12. I am stubborn
13. And at the same time easy going
14. I provoke when provoked
15. I talk to myself
16. One of these days I want to own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and take road trips with Brian and my brothers
17. 5K running events are fun to do
18. One of these days I’ll try a 10K
19. Perhaps I will try a half marathon someday. But not a marathon—running 26 miles is insane
20. Many people have “built a little bird house in my soul”
21. Heights are uncomfortable
22. I survived the roller coaster California Screamin’....barely
23. I have yet to survive The Tower of Terror
24. Serving others makes me happy
25. One of my favorite things is to make something tasty and share it with someone
26. I love my BIG white sunglasses because if me wearing them puts a smile on your face, then I have done my job
27. I do not have middle name
28. My middle name should be FUN or SMILES
29. I LOVE my friends
30. I am happy in a tidy house
31. I like symmetry
32. My favorite flowers are daisies and some day I will grow my own daisy field
33. If I were to get married over again, I would skip the reception
34. And go on a real honeymoon (not camping)
35. I am looking forward to having all my boys in school all day (in two years)
36. But then, I think I will be bored out my gourd
37. I am an impulsive shopper and like to buy nonsensical items
38. I have a shoe fetish (although I have calmed down quite a bit)
39. I wish I would have stuck with playing the violin—I would love to fiddle on stage (it looks soooo fun!)
40. I would like to learn to play the piano
41. And the guitar
42. I should start belly-dancing again—that was such a blast!
43. I really enjoy musicals that have been produced into movies (Evita, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, etc.)
44. I also really enjoy movies that have been produced from Classic novels (Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, Count of Monte Cristo, Man in the Iron Mask)
45. I am a color coordination freak (back in the day, my socks had to be the same color as my shirt and my underwear had to coordinate with whatever I was wearing, too)
46. Wouldn’t it be cool to be a drummer in a rock band?
47. American (White/Caucasian) all the way!
48. People like to be around me (for the most part)
49. Bargains are awesome—the cheaper the better
50. Going the extra mile to make someone’s day makes my day
51. Embracing my inner dork is a good thing
52. Payson, Utah is my hometown (I wonder if I will ever venture out)
53. My attention span is short
54. I dig family get-togethers
55. My specialty in the kitchen, right now, is Bran Muffins and Cinnamon Rolls
56. Yeah, it took two years to get the perfect recipe for the muffins
57. And 10 years for the Cinnamon Roll recipe from my mother-in-law
58. The person with the best bargain wins
59. My husband is very patient with me
60. I am a do-it yourself-er
61. Not a seller, just a faithful consumer
62. Halloween is the funnest Holiday because I love to dress up
63. Cheese fries is a guilty pleasure
64. Ice Cream is a weakness
65. I love my calling in the Young Women’s organization
66. I like movies that are made to be in the mid-evil or King Arthur time era.
67. I think it’s funny to talk to other cars on the road as if they can hear me?
68. I do not shun hard work or a big project
69. I like the sense of accomplishment after completing a project I’ve done all by myself
70. I absolutely love “hair day” every 8 weeks
71. My hairdresser is fabulous
72. I like to keep busy
73. I like having small feet (must be from all the chocolate I eat)
74. Brian still loves me through all the b-o-l-o-g-n-a I dish out
75. I like doing things for other people
76. I feel blessed to have gotten my little house for FREE (it came with the land)
77. Sleep is a wonderful thing!
78. I’d rather stare at a blank wall than read a book
79. I wish I had long fingernails
80. I’m a pretty good cook
81. I love to socialize!
82. I have a lot of scrapbooking to catch up on
83. “SHEESH” is one of my favorite words
84. I still have a “woobie” (psychologists say it’s okay to have a self soothing technique)
85. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
86. I think it would be fun to go to Cosmetology school
87. I would like to own a Harley-Davidson
88. I love lipstick
89. Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!
90. I have a hard time passing by a “clearance sale” or “buy one, get one”
91. I do not like “knick-knacks”
92. Blogging is a new hobby
93. I’d like to acquire a Class A Driver’s License
94. “32 oz. Pepsi with a shot of vanilla with crushed ice” (bring on the calories, baby)
95. I’ve done my share of multiplying and replenishing the earth (I know, I know, 3 kids isn’t a lot)
96. I am successful at making yummy gravy
97. If I were a contestant on the Wheel of Fortune I just know I would be a big winner
98. I am trying to raise 3 great boys
99. Families are Forever
100. Thinking of 100 things about myself is really hard—it’s taken me 3 months to finish this list—SHEESH!

12 comments:

{Mo} said...

FIRST.... Yippie! What a great list, I'm going to have to do this sometime....maybe in 6 months or so :) I may use a few of yours, like....
#7~ my trials have names too!
#8~ I really need to loose 25+ pounds, so badly I'm thinking I may take up running and you know how much I "love" that?!?
#10~ I'm so glad you cry at parades too, I always feel like such a dork when I do and no one else seems to get it. I also cry during the national anthem every time!
#16~ I want a Harley or a Victory BAD, but here's the crazy part....Derrick doesn't????
#32~ I love daisys and it makes me happy to drive by our old houses in Woods Cross, Santaquin and Mona and see them still growing there!
#49~ Who can ever pass up a bargain? I think I love getting a bargain sometimes more than what I actually buy!
I have to add, Marilee, that you are GREAT friend! You are good at making others feel comfortable and including people! I will forever be grateful to you for being such a fantastic friend, visiting teacher and example to me when we moved to Santaquin.
Thank you! ♥ Monica

Marilee said...

Awww, Thanks, Monica! That was so nice!

The Crook Book said...

MARILEE-That was awesome! I am happy to say I am one of those who truly knows how to spell your name and I love it when people can spell mine! I think I could win some money on Wheel of Fortune as well. Maybe we should go on it together! I admire you so much. You have all the amazing qualities that I would love to acquire someday! Until then, I need to lose your 25 pounds X 6 and just continue to have fun living! Also, thanks for being such a great friend. I remember asking you to come to the movies whenever we were inviting someone new. I knew you would make them feel welcome. You truly have a gift for people! I love ya lots, STEF

Hope said...

Marilee...that is how you spell your name, right?!?:) I really enjoyed reading your list. It brought back so many memories from the good old days when we shared a room...you know the whole symetrical, color coordinating, yellow thing. But one thing is for sure, you are an awesome friend. You have always been such an example to me of one who will go out of your way to help others. I have been on the receiving end of your help countless times. Keep smiling, laughing and I know that someday I will definitely see you riding down the road on that Harley.

Jen said...

What a GREAT post! It made me remember the fun times in Bro. Mangleson's class, Choir and of course the Motel 6.
You are truly one of the FUNNEST people to be around!
I miss running into you at Wal-Mart (when I look scrubby) and catching up on things.
Yay for blogging huh?

Bonnie said...

I love to cook good things too, in fact I did just make something yesterday for your blog prize and then had to eat it cuz I don't know your number or your address or which little house on main street you work at, so...I best have that info for the next time I make something that tastes so good...you can email me with it. bonbon251@gmail.com.

P.S. Loved your list. You are great at making me smile. You are way funny!

Sarah said...

What a fun list! You are such a cool person and I'm glad to know you!

Margo said...

This list just goes to show you that we all love you and have "taken" a part of you with us. I miss you!! There truelly is no other "MARILEE LANEY" in the world. The one I know is the best person ever!

Marilee said...

See? I really have awesome friends! Thanks for being humored with my 100 list!

Katie said...

I just thought I would let you know David passed away this morning. There will be a viewing Thursday evening and his funeral will be Friday at 10. I just thought you would like to know and if you wouldn't mind letting others who knew david know it would be appreciated. THANKS
katie

{Mo} said...

Marilee, Thanks for passing on the news, even though it's such sad news! I was surprised I hadn't heard yet. I'm glad you got the chance to get back in touch after all these years! Thanks again, Monica

Amber said...

Love...love..love you! I absolutely loved reading this!