Sunday, March 15, 2009

What Were You Doing In North Carolina?

I went to North Carolina last week and that's the farthest away I've been from home. I could tell the minute I walked off the airplane that is was a freindly place---their airport had rocking chairs and kid's play areas--COOL!! Anyway, I went for an EAGALA Conference. I have this little office job a couple of days a week where I do a few things for the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA) pronounced ee-gaa-lah. It's kind of hard to explain what we (or they) do. You should check out the website at eagala.org--pretty amazing stuff though! My boss and good friend is the Executive Director of this association and she is truly an amazing person!! It was neat to meet some of her colleagues, some of the folks she works with and some of those she has helped change their life. She really does change lives! And she helps others change other people's lives (it's a snowball affect). Hat's off to Lynn!! What a woman!

We, the office gals, manned the merchandise, were in charge of registration and helped in the last minute details of the conference and dealt with 450 attendees and their needs--what a riot!

I have to thank Brian for his support in this venture across the country. He did take 2 days off to be with the boys and to "hold down the fort". It was a good time and a L-O-N-G flight home! Yee Hah!

Photos? Took the camera, but didn't take any pictures.

6 comments:

Jackson 8 said...

What a fun experince. Did you get to do any sight seeing while you were there or was it just business? I am sure the people loved you. You have a spirit about you that know one can forget. Lynn is an amazing lady. I just don't know how she keeps up with her busy life.

Marla said...

I bet you had fun, most of the time! Lynn is an amazing person!!

The Crook Book said...

You are great! Thanks for being there with us! You definitely made it fun!

Amber said...

Did you see anything exciting? I bet it was fun even though you were working...

Leanne said...

I love airports with rocking chairs! Portland Maine has that too!

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

No snow this time I hope. :) Glad you got to go somewhere far away. Great people to get to go with too!