5th Annual Running With Angels 5K Run/Walk....
I've done this run every year for 5 years. It's always the first 5K of the season (for me) and helps me get out and running in prep for the "big day". It was fun to have Brian run with me this year and to see friends and family along the way. Thanksgiving Pointe Gardens are just beautiful (too bad we're running by).
I beat my time today from last year--wahoo! I did the multi-stake 5K last week and didn't do so well. I am a slow pacer, but my time was 2 minutes faster today than last week. And even though I'm not the fastest person, I feel like my goal was met. Now, more room for improvement.
After returning home all I wanted to do was just sit down and vegg. But after mowing, watering, tidying the house, taking a quick trip to Payson Market, fixing tinfoil dinners, digging a fire hole, baking bread/rolls and bathing the boys I am finally sitting down--PHEW! Brian fixed the sprinkler I ran over with the mower, took a quick trip to the hardware store, hung the hammock, cooked tinfoil dinners, roasted marshmallows with the boys (making sure they were safe near the fire), and cleaned up all the tools from the day's projects--It wouldn't have been easy without his help around the yard.
Yeah, it was an eventful day.
4 comments:
Congratulations on the run! I am exhausted for you after reading about your day. I would be exhausted after just baking bread alone. It is a feat I have yet to accomplish. I envy those who do it so well with so little effort.
I hope you get a good Sunday nap tomorrow!
Holy cow! How do you do it? That's a lot in one day.
It was fun seeing you at last week's 5K. I have always wanted to do the Running With Angels 5K. Count me in for next year!
wow! you are inspiring.
Post a Comment