Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Catching Up

I can harldy believe it has been almost a month since the last post.

I haven't done any canning, crafting or projecting for quite some time. Life keeps moving along with not much to tell (I'm getting boring). Well, I did decorate the front porch with Fall decor.

Brian was home the week of 9/27 and worked on getting my van to pass the good ole safety inspection and headed for San Diego, CA on Conference Sunday. Did you know that San Diego was settled by Mormon pioneers? Conference was just fabulous, as usual. It renewed my spirit and conviction of the truths lived and learned each day. I feel blessed to have and to have been raised in a family that taught me the Gospel. In fact, it is so ingrained that I don't know any different (yes, I'm very naive to many things).

Friday I headed down to St. George for the annual "Girl's Getaway" with all the in-law ladies. I wasn't very excited to go and had to talk myself into packing and getting out of town, but I am sure glad I went. There's nothing more refreshing than laughing about nothing, sleeping in, hangin' by the pool, reading on the balcony, taking a jog through quiet retirement communities, shopping at Old Navy on their 15th birthday, eating out, watching chick-flicks, making yummy dinners and desserts, playing scrabble and monopoly....I needed this break more than I thought I did.

So, it's back home with hubby and all! (until Brian goes to NY next week for two weeks). Life will continue moving along with not much to tell.

4 comments:

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Marilee, it was so good to see you the other day at Conoco! (even if ya did scare me) lol ;0) I am glad to hear all is well! Love ya!

Amber said...

Sounds like fun (the getaway, not Brian being gone)... ;)

{Mo} said...

Ohhh, FUN! I need a girls get away soon! I'm glad you got one, sounds like you desrved it :)

Marla said...

Sounds like a Disney trip is needed VERY soon!!