Ever since I can remember my parents have hosted a Family Home Evening Halloween Party. It's one of the highlights of the year for all of us. We get dressed up in our costumes and off we go to Grandma and Grandpa's! It is always so great to see what everybody's costumes are and the creativity about them.
We always have a slew of fun games like Halloween Bingo, the Cake Walk, Pin the wart on the Witch, my brother, Doug, always does a Monster Mash dance and this year he took it up a notch with a black light and a strobe light (so much fun!), my Dad ALWAYS writes up rhyming clues for the famous Treasure Hunt that goes up and down their dead-end street. When the treasure is found, we settle in for some singing...all the Halloween songs you can think of accompanied at the piano by my Dad. Then if you haven't had enough candy or cake there's always a donut nearby. This year, my brother Mark (the baker), brought his donuts made from scratch--oooo yum! Oh, and we can't forget the Apple Dunk! So much FUN!
Like I said, the FHE Halloween Party has been going strong for many years. Now, we take our kids, my nieces and nephews bring their kids, my brother and sisters (and some of their children/grandchildren) drive 2 hours for this Party. It's fun to be goofy with my parents, siblings, nieces/nephews, and great-nieces/nephews. What a Blast!!
Let the good times roll!!



5 comments:
What a FUN tradition! I love it. Great pictures of it too.
Hey, it seems like you once commented on my blog about wanting your boys to be able to go through the radKIDS program that I teach at the Sheriff's Office?
If you are interested, I am teaching a private radKIDS class on the first 3 weekends in November. The class will be on Friday nights from 6pm to 8pm and Saturday mornings from 9am to 11am.
It will be taught here in Spanish Fork at the Heart & Soul Dance Studio and the cost is $40 per child. (price can be negotiated if needs be - no biggie) to cover rent of the studio, supplies and materials.
If you are interested, give me a call a.s.a.p @ 801-420-5520 or email me at jmjr2009@live.com
That sounds like so much fun! I need to be a more halloweenie person! Then, maybe I would enjoy it a little more. Thanks for the great ideas and traditions! Maybe I could start this tradition as a grandma in the future! Love ya!
Very cool! I remember at your birthday parties your Dad would dress up like a headless ghost and scare us by throwing leaves and stuff! Great tradition!
Looks like y'all had a fun time. Hope all is well with you and Brian.
What a blast! What fun memories for you!!!!
Post a Comment