Monday, January 12, 2009

An Eye For An Eye

Last week David's glasses broke. The last time we had to get him new glasses was 2 years ago when his prescription changed. Two days later, while wrestling at school, his spankin' new glasses broke in half. Good thing we go to the glasses store that offers a 2 year warranty on all parts and one complete replacement. Well, after that first replacement, he has had the same pair of glasses (bent and all) for the remainder of the two year warranty time limit.

I have been putting off eye exam appointments (for myself and David) for quite some time and so when his glasses finally broke once and for all, the other day, I made appointments and off we went to the eye doctor. David insisted on wearing his old, broken, taped up glasses until his "new" ones were ready. A couple of days went by and lo and behold his glasses came in--wow! that was quick! It took about 3o minutes for the specialist to tweek his new glasses so they fit just right on David's little head. So, I was hanging around scoping out some new frames for myself while they fussed with David's. I found some cute new glasses (it's time for new look). I'm still waiting for them to arrive :)

Can I just tell you how expensive it is to have an eye exam, purchase frames, lenses...the whole kit and kaboodle?!? For TWO of us at the same time? Sheesh!! Now I know why I was putting it off. And get this--Thomas has an eye check-up in two weeks (great). I just want to say LASIK!

11 comments:

akagi79 said...

I'm too big of a chicken for lasik!!!I still have a year before I need to go back in again!! Every time I go it's about $200.00, YIKES!

Alison Roberts said...

I had Lasik, back in the day when we could get a deal at Neil's office. Love it! The surgery wasn't too bad. Mainly I just had some sensitive eyes for a few days. I couldn't even take care of my family for a least 1 day.

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

HI, I HOPE ALL IS GOING GREAT. I MISS YOU HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.

Alene said...

Oh, I wish I had known. If could send me your prescription, I can get glasses here for like $30-$40. I got rimless last week for $65. I also got a pair in Mexico for about the same price. (That worked great--it wasn't sleazy or nasty, I promise).

{Mo} said...

Sign me up for lasic too! Derrick had his done almost 9 years ago and has loved it! T

Jackson 8 said...

I heard the surgery is great instead of getting braces your kids could get the lasiks. When Taylor got his braces they were a little over 5,000 dollars he was so mad he wanted me to buy a 4-wheeler instead. But know he loves his teeth. So you better start the Laney lasik budget.

The Crook Book said...

I always went to America's Best for Colton. They would give you 2 pair of glasses for a great deal. He was always into his second pair within a week! Glasses and boys just do not go well together!

The Crook Book said...

I wish I could afford lasik! That would be awesome. I have had glasses or contacts since fifth grade

The Epps Fam said...

What?! Why is their a for sale sign in your front yard?! Where are you going???? Why you want to leave me?????
Hope you are doing well. We need to touch base one of these days!

Katie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will let Dave know your address. He has been pretty sick he is battling an uphill battle with cancer and hope he will be able to pull through. As you can see from their blog Georgia doesn't update much but doesn't have much time to do that either. I will let them know you said hello. take care

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

I need to take my kids in. Good ole family history. All the girls have out survived me on needing glasses. I forget to do it since I had lasik 6yrs ago. It is AWESOME!

I met your sister last night. I taught a cheese class. She's almost as cute as you are.

OH! Do you have these fun songs on your computer? If so I want a CD. :) :) :)