Friday, January 23, 2009

My Brain is just as Foggy as the Outside Air

Man, it's been one of those weeks that goes by slow and fast at the same time--some days feel so long and others just fly by. Sunday began with me preparing the wrong lesson (3 weeks of planning) for YW so I hurried and put together the right one.

Monday came and went (zoom). Tuesday is the start of my work week--I like it because I get up and get ready for the day and help the boys ready themselves for school, and we're all out of house by 8:30 a.m.. It's a little tricky these days because Brian is already gone to work so that means it's just me in charge. And since our house is FOR SALE (I know, what the heck!?!) at the moment I try to tidy up the house before leaving (just another kink the morning). I was commissioned by my little sis (who is getting married next week) to sew up some sashes for her Bridesmaids, so I'd been working on that. It was supposed to be a 1 hour project that turned into, well, let's say a bit longer than that. I was good to freshen up my sewing skills.

Wednesday night was YW New Beginnings and it turned out nice. There sure is a lot of work that goes into a one hour presentation, but I love those girls and want them to participate in those events and it's worth it!

Thursday always feels like Friday because it's the end of my work week and the end of Brian's work week, too. I was feeling a little under the weather and ditched work early. Jacob and I hung out for the afternoon and later that evening a few girls in my neighborhood and I went to the Region Drill Competition at SHHS and helped in the consessions stand--that was fun and different for a change.

Now, it's Friday.....and since the weather is crummy we have absolutely no plans (BORING!) I guess I better get to the project I have been putting off for two whole weeks (I know, this is so unlike me to leave something to the last minute). I am making a signature book for my sis' reception and it's her "shower" gift which is tonight---AHHHH! Well, I guess I won't be bored afterall.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

What?!? Are you moving?? To where?? First Margo and now you?? What is going on here?!? I can't believe how much you get done all the time. You need to send some of your energy my way, seriously. I can't seem to do anything lately without feeling way tired.

Marilee said...

Sarah, if we do sell our house maybe we'll move into Margo's :)

The Crook Book said...

I hope you stay close by-I have fun at work with you! I went in today for 5 hours and it was not near as fun. Love ya, Stef

Georgia said...

Hey Mer, I'm glad that you still begin everything with "man". I don't have a clue how the whole blogging thing works so I hope you get this. Katie sent me your message and I thought I'd email you back....but no email address...just your blog. Anyways, our email is davengeorgia@juno.com, we'd love to hear from you. I hope I didn't just give out my email to everyone in the world:) Dave.

Jen said...

I hear ya sister! It seems like the week is always so busy for me, but nothing ever gets done!?

Where are you guys moving to now?

Leanne said...

You did such a cute job on Kalyn's book! It was fun to hang out with your family the other night!

I've been pretty foggy lately too...I think it's a winter thing.

Jackson 8 said...

I hope you stay close. I sure enjoyed the little trip we took to Manti.