Saturday, February 7, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

I am giving a tribute to the rain today--not that I like the drizzle, but there are patches of grass being revealed and it's refreshing to see the huge piles of snow deplete.

No, really....When it rains, it pours (can you feel a pity party coming?) It all began on Christmas Day when our water heater decided to shut down and the kitchen faucet sprung a leak (Merry Christmas to us), I was pulled over TWICE last week and encountered very nice Police Officers, evidently both of our vehicles have expired registrations and I happened to be in the car at the time the officer noticed (you know, you get the notice, put it in the bill box and forget about it--yep!) so we're working on getting the cars ready to pass the safety/emissions tests, then yesterday the spinning switch on my washing machine fell apart--it was a pretty quick fix, but still--WHAT IS UP!?! SHEESH!!

It makes me grateful for the little things we often take for granted like hot water, kitchen sinks, the spin cycle, being a law abiding citizen which provides peace of mind...It's pretty unbelievable that I still have a smile on my face through all the frustration--guess that's a good thing, right?

5 comments:

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Dang it! You keep on smiling! I totally believe you are still smiling! That is just the kind of gal you are! ;0) I hope this coming week will see sunshine! (I too enjoy seeing the snow depleting!!!)
Love ya,
Brenda

The Crook Book said...

You make trials seem like sweet sunflowers blowing in the breeze. You are definitely a half full kinda gal. Very REFRESHING! Love ya, STEF

Jen said...

Oh wow! You deserve a break from the rain for a while. I am glad you can see the sun through out all of that . . .

Marla said...

You are the best. Lets go play, that always helps the rain!!

Jackson 8 said...

I just was thinking that maybe if it was not so bad for you that I would go lay in a tanning bed to get a little light.