It seems like some of the holidays get passed over now-a-days, like, Veteran's Day, Flag Day, Pioneer Day, Groundhog Day, parts of Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day....don't you remember the days when we had cool Veteran's Day assemblies at school? Learning about the origin of our Flag? Doing Pioneer activities? Waiting for the news about if the Groundhog saw his shadow or not? Leaving Valentine's on the neighbor's door step and knocking & running? What about those elaborate Valentine's Day boxes we used to make? or making Leprechan traps and making sure we wore plenty of green? It's sad that we don't have as much fun with those little "holidays" like we used to.
Since March is ready to roll around and St. Patrick's Day is on the 17th every year I wanted to dedicate my blog to the Fightin' Irish for the next little while. Brian's ancestors came from Ireland, hence the last name LANEY. Yep, Irish, through and through! It makes celebrating St. Patrick's Day more meaningful.
8 comments:
up until two days ago, I didn't even know Groundhog Day had passed. such a bummer.
Hey Marilee! I found you through Amber's blog. How have you been. It was fun running into you at Walmart last year. My blog is rnbsmith.blogspot.com. There is even a link to the class of 94 on my blog if you have not already found it...LOL. Keep in touch...
Hey girlie! I love all your fancy backgrounds...where do you get them?
I have been thinking about all those holidays. What about the harvest fair in the fall. I love St. Patrick's day. I make the food all day green. The kids love it. We need to get out.
Hey, you would be so proud! We are starting to get our St. Patty 's day decorations out! I love that holiday too! I made me a three dollar wreath from materials at the $ store! Love ya! See you Thursday, I hope!
I love your background! How fun! I remember those Valentine boxes, because my kids still make them for school. They are so much fun to make!
Hey-I hope I make it back before St. Patricks Day. Then we can do something fun at work! You are an inspiring party planner! I need your help in becoming the fun mom again!
Hey Marilee,
How are you doing? I found you through Jennilyn's blog. Your boys are adorable! My blog is keithandmalia.blogspot.com. I don't update it very often, though. I would love to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment