I don't even know who played in the Super Bowl and, honestly, I don't really care. I don't even care about the "best commercials". But, we're not party poopers--we did get together with Brian's family for a "Super Bowl" party. We ate food from bowls, thus the Super Bowl party. And we had a little surprise graduation party for Brian--yes, he is finally a college graduate and received his Associates in Science. Yipee!! He has been enrolled in school for so long that he is a graduate of a University. Get this--he started college when it was UVCC (community college), then UVSC (state college) and now it's UVU (Utah Valley University) Crazy, huh!?! Yep, that's how long this haul has been. Although he still has a few semesters for a BA, he is one huge step closer to that now. I haven't been the most cheerful person when he has been doing homework and it got really frustrating for both of us at times (don't worry, I've eased up lately). He has maintained full time employment successfully and worked really hard in school and I am grateful for that. He loves learning and loves gaining new knowledge--I admire that about Brian. What a guy!
My little sister got MARRIED on Saturday and it was a long, full day. Her mission president was able to seal them together in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and he gave some pretty amazing insights--wow! My dad expressed how wonderful it was to have ALL NINE of his children in the temple that day and my mom kept telling everyone in the sealing room that "all nine of our children are here today". It was pretty neat to have a glimpse into Eternity (one of those unforgetable opportunities). Kalyn was such a beautiful bride and with Justin by her side they make a perfect couple. It was fun to see old friends, long lost family members, old ward members/neighbors at her reception--and it was great to chat with the family all day, too. The new couple almost got away with a clean car, but I came through (good thing I had some balloons & window paint in my pocket)--Phew! Two of my nieces helped me decorate their car--it turned out simple and cute.
We took our YW to the Quarry for a rock climbing activity Friday night. It was really great to watch the girls do something they have never done before. I think they learned a bit about themselves and it was cool to see them set a goal, struggle, engage will power and be sucessful. They really felt a sense of accomplishment as they reached the top of their "mountain".
Our YW Presidency was re-organized yesterday. Thankfully, I get to stay right where I'm at as the Mia Maid advisor (I have a lot to learn about preparing and teaching lessons still). I love to be surrounded by the youth in our ward. Our new presidency will be amazing!!! I already feel like we are a team and I know we will work really well together. I'm excited about it!
8 comments:
What the heck? They change the YW but not the RS. They have been in there for 3 years. YW only 1 year. Good thing I moved and got out of the RS pres. You know that I need to know who the new presidency is so tell me now!!!!
Hooray for Kalyn!! She was stunning. It was fun to see you again at the reception!
Your dad bore his testimony on Sunday and it made me cry. It was so sweet. (he was talking about the sealing and how all nine of you were there in the room.) So neat!
Congratulations to Kalyn. I remember her as your cute little sister - I can't believe she has been on a mission and is now married.
How wonderful that all of you could be together in temple for the ceremony. I'm sure it will be something you will remember and treasure always.
I love your super BOWL idea! I don't get into the Superbowl foo-foo stuff either.
CONGRATULATIONS to Brian! What an accomplishment! I was trying to go back to school and work too. It's too hard - I called "uncle." Good for him! Keep going.
Yea!! Congrats to Brian! So what is this about your house being for sale young lady? I have a few in my neighborhood up for sale! ;0) A girl can dream can't she! That would be awesome to wake up and have the Laney's back in the 'hood'! You have a great attitude and an amazing spirit! Thank you as always for your example! I guess I didn't realize we are in the exact same calling! It is fun isn't it! I love the mia maids! They are great! ;0) Love ya!
Wahoo for Brian! I am so glad the wedding went well. All 9 kids in the temple. That is an amazing feat. That is something a parent can be proud of. I hope for that day. When Wylder and Kimba were sealed my parents got that opportunity. A glimpse at eternity is a good thing! I love ya! Thanks for your example!
YAHOO! for Brian, and for you for stickin' it out with him :)
What a neat experience to have all your sibs together in the temple. That's my goal all my kids and my hubby together in the Temple! What could be better than that?
Congratulations Brian! Congratulations Marilee! For sticking it out. You are amazing friend. I sure hope Brian keeps you close. That is neat that you were all together in the temple. I went to the Temple with Sherry & Kenny tonight. That was awesome when they brought those five little kids in. Taylors dad just signed the papers last night. they did not think they were going to have all there kids. So it worked out with all the prayers.
I like your version of "Super Bowl" better!! We didn't watch it either - good thing because I probably would have cried my eyes out seeing those Arizona boys lose to the stupid Steelers! Tragic! Lub ya!
Post a Comment