Friday, April 3, 2009

Smarty Pants

Some of things my kids say that shouldn't be forgotten.

One day we were in the Dr.'s Office. Thomas was looking at a book about dinosaurs and dinosaur bones. When the Dr. came in the examination room, Jacob perked up and said, "Are you a doctor?" (like he didn't know that, but wanted to make sure).

Dr. T.: Yeah, I'm a Doctor. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Jacob: A fighter fighter.
Dr. T.: A fighter pilot?
Jacob: No, a fighter fighter!
Dr. T.: Oh! A Fire Fighter!
Jacob: Yeah!
Thomas: I want to be an Archeologist when I grow up.
Dr. T.: (noticing the book) Oh, so you can dig for dinosaur bones?
Thomas: Yeah, did you know that it's best to excavate dinosaur bones right after it rains? They're easier to find.
Dr. T: That's right.
Jacob: Dinosaurs are extinct! They all died millions of years ago.
The Dr. just looked at me, like, "how do your kids know words like extinct and archeologist?"


Here's another one:
In Mrs. Hair's classroom she has this giant paper ball made out of triangles.
Thomas: Mrs. Hair? Do you know what that reminds me of? (pointing to the paper ball)
Mrs. Hair: No, what?
Thomas: An atom! Did you know that an atom is very tiny and that we can only see them in a super strong microscope?
Mrs. Hair: Where did you learn that?


Another Smarty Pants quote by Thomas:
"Mom, did you know that water is H-2-O?"
Mom: Do you know what H-2-O means?
Thomas: "Yeah, it has 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen....H-2-O!"

A little tidbit about Thomas--he LOVES yard sales and every Saturday asks if we are going to find some yard sales. We have recently explained to him that people don't have yard sales in the winter because it's too cold to sit outside all day and watch their stuff. Last Saturday was pretty sunny and so here we go again with the "Can we go to a yard sale today?", "It's sunny!", "I bet people are having yard sales again!". This thought slipped out of his mouth today, "Mom, I like to go to D.I. because I really like looking at JUNK!"

April Fools by Thomas
We were at Payson Market getting a few groceries and while at the check-out Thomas get this wise look in his eyes and says to the cashier,
T: "Hey, did you see that sign on the door that says FREE FOOD?"
Cashier: (with the raised eye-brow look) "Noooo?"
T: "April Fools!!! Ha! Ha!"

I tell ya, I don't know where that boy comes up with 'em!

6 comments:

Alene said...

Too cute! That D.I. thing must come from the Laney side.

Jen said...

Free food - that's a good one! I bet he was just so anxious to get to the check out for that one!

Sarah said...

What cute smart boys! That's a great April fools joke!

The Epps Fam said...

I'll tell ya where they come up with them.......YOU! That is too funny. Those boys of yours are so stinkin cute! Gotta love em.

Jackson 8 said...

They get it from you. Who else. I love the stories.

Leanne said...

that is awesome. what a kid!!