Saturday, April 11, 2009

"All The Happy Easter Treats"

At our house the Easter Bunny comes for Saturday morning. That way, we can take "all the happy Easter treats" with us on our Easter Saturday adventure.

That was the tradition in my family growing up. We would wake up, check out what the Easter Bunny left for us, go outside and search for the eggs we dyed the night before, eat breakfast and head out for an adventure! We went many places over the years--Bryce Canyon, Logan Canyon, hiked the "Y" a few times, visited Lehman Caves in Nevada, toured Loa, UT (Wayne County) where my mom grew up.....

In years past, we have taken our kids out to Grandma & Grandpa Laney's for a HUGE Easter Egg Hunt and lunch. This year, we decided to something like what I did as a child and venture out. We had plans to visit Goblin Valley, but the weather forecast said RAIN, so we are planning to go next week for a Spring Break activity instead.

We went on an indoor adventure to the Gateway Discovery Museum. Boy, oh, boy! What a great place! We met up with Brian's brothers family--and a funny thing happened--I was sitting there watching Jacob play and I saw a little girl who looked just like my sister's daughter, Abby. I thought, "she looks just like Abigail...hmmm". And lo and behold, it WAS Abigail, my very own niece!! I found my sister and mentioned that "great minds think alike!" So that was a fun surprise and it gave the boys even more friends to play with!



We spent HOURS there (like 5 hours). We did leave for a little lunch break and had lunch at a great little place called Jason's Deli. I would recommend eating there if you ever visit The Gateway Center (kids meals were only $3-$4 with free ice cream cones to boot). Man, we all a great time, and boy, we are too pooped to poop!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a great Easter idea. I like the thought of the Easter Bunny coming the day before. Thanks for the tip about the Gateway. We will have to try it some weekend.

Jackson 8 said...

Thanks for the tip about the gateway.

Leanne said...

How fun, I too like the idea of the day before, it always feels a little wrong to do something on Sunday with the E bunny.