Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Chilly Outside...Bring Out The Hot Chocolate!

The other night for mutual the youth and leaders went around the ward and washed windows, cleaned out gutters, stacked wood, sang a song for Darlene at the rest home... I took some HOT CHOCOLATE to drink with our donuts--well, I made way too much, so I took it to the office to share with the gals the next day. Kara drank it all day, I had a few cups and Stefany drank some too. There was still some left so I lugged the jug home and we had some with our dinner, we had some more before bed, we drank even more for breakfast this morning (but it tasted a little yukky so I dumped it down the drain). I think I've had my fill of Hot Chocolate for the whole winter....not really, but you know what I mean.


So, I've had fun decorating my front porch for the Halloween/Harvest Season--I even used cornstalks from my own garden!! Scott and Brenda brought me a bale of straw and cutting Autumn leaves gives me a good excuse to take a drive up the canyon, too.










Look at this cute "Autumn Arrangement" I made! I just took one of those glass milk jugs and wrapped packaging paper over it, tied a bow and stuck some leaves in it--cute huh!

9 comments:

Marla said...

Way cute!! Come on over and do mine!

The Crook Book said...

Your front porch looks so festive. I love that stuff! I need some of that stuff to do mine. Do you have any more corn stalks? I am decorator illiterate!

Alene said...

Cute again!

Smith Family said...

It looks wonderful. You did a great job..I love fall.

Leanne said...

Marilee! I saw that you posted on Marci's blog, I also have one...dannyleanne.blogspot

I like to comment, so you may get sick of me! hahah

Cute porch decorating! and cute boys! haven't seen you all in awhile!

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Marilee, I love your family picture! It looks great! I love the fall decorations too! You are so creative! Bring on the chill! ;0)

Jackson 8 said...

Move over Martha Stewart Here comes something better Marilee Laney. Love the family photo.

akagi79 said...

How about you come to my house and help me with my Halloween/Harvest porch! Yours looks GREAT! Cute family picture!

akagi79 said...

What if I'm coming tonight? Is that too soon!?lol!