Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day

It's July 24th, Utah's celebration of when the Pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847. I enjoy many blessings because of these stalwart, faithful people. The pioneers sacrificed everything for their freedom to worship. In turn, I too, have the freedom to worship as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for which I am immensely grateful. I am so blessed!!

Garden Spot:
I went out to water the garden this morning and discovered that there was a cucumber that need to be picked, well.....as I started to pick it from the vine I noticed another one, and another one, and another one until I had 12 cucumbers in my bucket--I swear they weren't there 3 days ago! And peppers (hot peppers)....I think I planted too many. (Note to self: 2 cucumber plants and 1 pepper plant produces plenty). I planted 5 rows of corn. Needless to say, I'm going to have corn coming out my ears! Ha! Ha! The beans will be ready to pick next week, and the tomatoes are doing so great and there are going to be tons! I'm so excited that my garden is doing so well. Except that I have planted peas twice and nothing is growing (must be too hot). And the carrots? Who knows what happened to them!?!

Back to the 24th:
Brian had to go to work today because NuSkin is an international company and business continues on all over the world, so he didn't have the day off (however, he did go see the new Batman movie in the middle of the day). I usually take the boys to view the parade--they decided not to get dressed/cleaned up in time and I wasn't going to stress out about it, so we didn't go to the parade today. Oh well! But we did go have a picnic at Salem Pond with our neighbors and that was pretty fun and relaxing. Hopefully we'll be able to make it to see the fireworks this evening.

Soap box:
So, I had my hair cut the other day......not exactly what I had hoped for. I even took a picture along for my stylist to follow. Oh well, it will grow, right? I just can't style it before my hair "flips out"--literally, it just flips no matter what. But, I love my stylist!! I think I'm just used to the old do's and not the fancy shmancy do's they come up with these days.

4 comments:

Marla said...

I have the same prob with my hair. Just got it cute and colored and said I want a little brown back in and not it IS brown. Oh well 2 months and 50 bucks later and it will be blonde again!

The Crook Book said...

Hey-I just want to get my hair done! If you have any extra veggies-let me know. We have been eating a lot of Amy's squash lately. It is wonderful. I loved your post about the pioneers-we are so blessed.

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

I NEEN A HAIR CUT. AND IF ANYONE NEED SQUASH JUST CALL.

Jackson 8 said...

Good Job on the Garden.Sorry about the hair cut but i am sure you look great.