The beans in my garden are growing in full force, along with the cucumbers, green peppers and hot peppers. So if anyboody needs anything just come on over (I'm serious). I picked a 5 gallon bucket of beans yesterday morning and canned 26 pints. Woo! It pooped me out! There will be another picking ready for tomorrow. This doesn't include the bean plants that haven't started to produce yet, either. The corn is just about ready to pick and the tomato plants are as tall as I am--they just need to turn red. And the pumpkin patch is growing really good, too.
Uhmm....I think I planted too much in the garden this year, but it is so rewarding to watch the plants grow and produce edible things and best of all, enjoy the harvest. Seriously, if anybody would like cucumbers, peppers or corn on the cob I have some!
2 comments:
That's awesome! See, this is why I don't need a garden. I have good friends that share! Between you, Amy B., and Merle Jones, I am the luckiest person ever!
Then you better come get some food!
Post a Comment