Friday, August 1, 2008

Family Friday: Family Connections Part 1

I was just thinking how lucky I am to live near much of my family. I am blessed to live in the same town as my parents. I am glad for the connections I enjoy with my siblings.

For instance, I have my two nephews (Hunter and Dillon) twice a week for the day while Sarah is diligent in providing for their well being. Although it is difficult at times to handle 5 boys, I am glad for the connection I have with them. And because Sarah is such a busy and active gal I would probably hardly ever see her--so I do get to see her when she comes to pick up her boys and I am glad for that. My sister Diann recently moved to the Salt Lake area after living in Arizona for many years and a couple of years in Wyoming. It is so great to see her and her grown up kids more often (I really like them). My brother, Doug, lives in Liberty, Utah and always makes a good effort to come to Payson to visit Mom and Dad which means I get to visit with his family too. My oldest brother, Mark, has lived in Washington for a handful of years and I look forward to the day when he relocates back to Utah. He has made several trips "home" on his vacation time and it is always so great to reunite for a minute. My sisters, Celia and Rosaline live up North (Logan and Dayton, ID) they see each other quite a bit and it is more rare when I get to visit with these wonderful ladies and their growing up families (they are both so much fun). Eileen lives in Santaquin so I always see her--it's fablulous! My boys love those cousins and love to go to her house to play. We all look forward to the Sunday evening visit at Grandpa and Grandma Shepherd's--that's where the Lisonbee's, the Laney's, Kalyn and, of course, Mom and Dad commune every Sunday! It's wonderful!! Oh, and there's the youngest sister, Kalyn. I'm glad I have the internet or I would never see her (and bagpipe band practice is at Peteetneet every Thursday). I love it when she comes and the boys love to see her too!

See? I am one lucky gal to have such a wonderful family!!

(Next Friday's Feature: The Laney Family)

7 comments:

Jackson 8 said...

It is great to have family near. Gary always talks about when he was younger and all the married kids would come over on sunday, and he loved it. When he finally had a family to do that with, all his brothers moved out of state. He misses that.

{Mo} said...

That is the one of the biggest reasone we live where we do, family! I can't immagine being far away for everyone?

Marla said...

I love it too!!

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Marilee...they are lucky to live by you! You are an amazing person as well! Family is the best! I am glad Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent us here in family units!

Anonymous said...

I love having family close by, too. Since when can a mom and dad have nine children all within a radius of about 3 hours. Its so cool. All but one. We hope he moves out soon. I think he hopes so too. I love you Marilee.

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

yes it is great.

The Crook Book said...

I wish you were part of my family. Then we could have fun all the time!! I am blessed to have a great family as well!