The Beehives have planned a Talent Show for our combined YW activity this week and I'm having a really difficult time coming up with something to share. I don't play the piano, my violin has 14 inches of dust on it, I don't sing in front of people, I don't dance......wait a minute, I used to Belly Dance! Those were the days! I have wanted to keep up with it, but haven't squoze in the time to do it. Ya know, there is a group that meets at Peteetneet every Thursday to embrace their inner dork through Middle Eastern dance. I should join! Anyway, that's my memory--those fun times at the "end of class recitals"--they were a hoot and I can hardly believe I was so adventurous. Another funny memory that entails belly dancing was at our annual family Christmas party. We get to share something so, being clever, I belly danced for my family. You should have seen the looks on their faces, HA! HA! HA!! Needless to say, I haven't performed for them since.
Did you know that 1 minute of belly rolls is equal to 300 crunches? (somebody told me that once). So, I can't decide if I am brave enough to pull the costumes out of storage and whip something up real fast. If I were more courageous.....dilemma!!
4 comments:
GOOOOO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Belly dancing eh? HEHEH! You have a better figure for it than me! :) So what would you wear? It is a Beehive activity afterall? ;)
BTW, you;ll have to let me know when cheese fries is. I'm not in the loop anymore.
I say GO FOR IT, too. Hey, it has Marilee written all over it! You are so much fun! It just reminds me what we are missing! I am so sad!! Love ya, Stef
ME TO GO FOR IT YOUR GREAT AND YOU CAN DO IT. DO WE HAVE A LOOP ANYMORE?
XOXO!!
Post a Comment