Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Busy But Nothing To Tell

You know, last week (all week and weekend) I was about 3 things behind on the daily "to-do" list, so they would get pushed over to the next day. Just when I think I've caught up there's more to do. I still feel like I'm 1 or 2 things behind. I guess that's what happens when I get side-tracked and go bumbing in Provo or Salt Lake or visit friends or family. Anyway, of all the things I've done this past week and over the Holiday weekend......I have nothing to show for it and no good stories to tell either. Oh well! Here's list of things I did do:

Friday:
1. Baked Bran Muffins with alternate recipe
2. Watered garden and grass
3. Harvested all the corn from my garden
4. Took the boys to the carnival
Saturday:
1. Mowed grass/weeds
2. Picked beans
3. Attended my nieces baptism (had a wonderful family dinner afterward)
4. Went to the Onion Days Talent Show (found a belly dancing group to join)
5. Made 6 batches of Raspberry freezer jam (started this project at 10:17 p.m.)
Sunday:
1. Baked cinnamon rolls for some fellow ward members
2. Played catch-up at home
3. Went to church
4. Visited family
5. Picked all the tomatoes before it rained and ruined them
6. Baked Bran Muffins...again
Monday:
1. Finished the 5K Onion Days Run in 29:25 minutes (they had awesome shirts this year)
2. Entered Bran Muffins in Onion Days Bake-Off (won third prize)
3. Tried to go to the Parade but took Thomas and Jacob to the InstaCare instead. 4. Hamburger fry at my parents with my whole family (provided lemonade and tomatoes--didn't get the pasta salad made)
5. Went to the park for an hour and bumped into a few friends
6. Finally...bed time (I fell asleep at 9:00 p.m.)
Tuesday:
1. Jacob's first day of Pre-school (enough said)

The thing that weighed on my mind all week? (This is really dumb, but...) I wanted to clean the boys' bedroom. It was such a mess and there were pathways from the bed to the stairs and the rest was covered with toys and clothes. So today, TUESDAY, I finally got it picked up so I could finally take ALL the clean clothes up to put them away (because, now, I can get to the closet without tripping over something). WAHOO!!! It took me one whole week to accomplish that ONE, stupid little task--sheesh!!

7 comments:

Marla said...

HOLY! You can sure do a lot! I look up to you in that way a lot! I wanna be like Marilee!!

{Mo} said...

Man girl... you do more in a day than I accomplish in an ENTIRE week! Seriously, send some of that manic energy and motivation my way!

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

I agree...I wanna piece of that energy! Jam at 10PM???? Ar eyou CRAZY?

You forgot that you mad my job chart. ROFL!

You are awesome, girl!

Jackson 8 said...

Wow, I was going to see how the muffin contest went good job! Scott said he seen you on Sat. and waved but he didn't know if you new who he was. Great time on the run. Hope you have a great day!

Alene said...

I can't believe I've never been to an Onion Days in Payson yet. Somehow, I keep missing it. Well, I hope it was fun!!

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

I AM SO HAPPY IT WAS YOU MAKING THE JAM AND NOT ME LOL!
XOXO!!

I could die happy in Forks... said...

You are my hero. Like I have said before. When I grow up I want to be like you! You are amazing! ;0) How are the books coming along?
Luv Ya