Friday, September 12, 2008

Do Nothing Days

I have to tell ya'll that I have been a bumb for a couple of days. You see, I have had this little cold and I mean little, but oh boy it has really slowed me down! Marla planned a movie night for Wednesday with the gals and it was way too much fun with laughs so hard that make you cry so I didn't get to bed until really late, but I got up on Thursday morning and got everybody off to school, read Eclipse for a while and had a little cat nap before getting Jacob from pre-school. After that was the daily struggle with getting the boys' homework done, cleaned out the fridge for dinner and then off I went to a YW presidency meeting, came home and helped the kids in PJ's and bed, read some more for a bit and dozed off to dreamland. (Brian was doing homework the whole time just in case you were wondering).

So now it's Friday. Survived the morning routine and then Jacob and I went to wal-mart for a minute, returned some things to Grandma Laney and waited for Brenda's birthday lunch. It was a fun time to go to lunch with some of my most favorite folks at my most favorite place to eat. And now, here I sit at the computer dilly-dallying waiting for some inspiriation on what to fix for dinner, but wanting to lay my head down on my soft pillow (I don't know why I'm so drowsy). It's going to be one those exciting (sense the sarcasm) Friday nights.....and tomorrow is an unplanned Saturday.

It's a good thing Monday will roll around soon and then maybe I can get my bootie back to business.

5 comments:

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

I did more than you for once, AH i feel good! LOL! I had a book fair meeting, went to the hardware store, picked up Journey at preschool, made lunch and canned apple sauce and apple pie filling. We just finished dinner at 9. Now I have to clean up. Maybe I'll leave that for tomorrow. Oh and my period started...so I have been living on Advil! :) So I'm NOt pregnant! ROFL!

I thinkwe all deserve one of those or two or three of those days. I might take one tomorrow. ;) Hope you had a great few days.

Marla said...

I wish I could have been there for the birthday lunch!! Marilee you deserve a few of those days off. You never take them!!

The Crook Book said...

It was great being with you guys this week! Boy, I miss it when we don't get together! I hope you get feeling better soon! Love ya, Stef

I could die happy in Forks... said...

Marilee, thank you for coming to my birthday lunch! It was fun! You are just being where the average people's to dos are! Too bad it takes a cold to slow you down to a pace the rest of us are on... LOL I do hope you are feeling better! I love ya! Enjoy the read!!! Let me know what you think and if you need to borrow the last book, let me know! Hope to see you Thursday!

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO. AM SORRY I NEVER GET TO COME. I MISS ALL YOU GUYS.
XOXOX!!!