Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

"Rain, rain go away!
Come again some other day."
I don't like it when it's gloomy out. I need the sunshine!! (however, it will give me a good excuse to stay in and finish New Moon and start on book 3! or make soup!)

I went to the Utah State Fair with the fourth grade today. It was fun and the weather was PERFECT! We saw a Bengal Tiger Show--it was pretty awesome! It made up for the time we went to Hogle Zoo and the tigers were...missing? We saw many cool works of art from welding to woodcrafting, sewing, baking, photography, paintings/drawings, scrapbook pages, dolls, statues, legos....but don't forget about the livestock, (sheep, goats, chickens, geese, pigs, beef cows, rabbits) besides, isn't that what the State Fair is all about?? We didn't get through everything because we only had 2 1/2 hours to spend. I was thinking it would be a fun "daytime" date and go with Brian to the State Fair this weekend (you can't really "bumb" with fourth grade boys if you know what I mean).

Good thing I got the garden picked before it rains :)

2 comments:

Marla said...

I wish they would take our fourth grade. I think Hailee would love it. Glad you got all your garden pick too! I can not wait to have one.

Bright Eyes (Shelley) said...

Lindsey went last year and LOVED it! Marla needs to move back to the right school district ;).

I see the sun out. I jsut got caught in a NASTY hailstorm a bit ago on the back road to Santaquin. NASTY! Glad I wasn't on the freeway!