Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friday, Saturday....Then Sunday

Friday's events included long awaited haircuts for David and Thomas (Jacob refused and I wasn't going to push the issue), a quick gander at Wal-mart, checking the mailbox for a package from Hogle Zoo--my mailbox is a community mailbox around the corner, down the block, around another corner and in the middle of that block, making grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch by Thomas, chopping veggies for salsa to can at Brian's request, making & enjoying funnel cakes with Melanie and Kaydee (my lovely Mia Maids) Uhm, NO! You don't have to wait for the County Fair or the Carnival to come to town to enjoy funnel cake, packing up Brian and David for the Scout Camporee over-night-er at the Old Pinery in Nephi (this is David's first outing as a Webelos scout), getting around to processing the quadruple batch of salsa, surfing KSL.com classified ads for I don't know what, AND finally, waiting for time to pass to put the boys and myself to bed.....that's a funny one....Jacob had a nap and woke up at 7:30 p.m. Hee! Hee!

Today, (Saturday) I thought I was going to can pears, but, thank heavens they aren't quite ripe yet (probably by Monday though). I really want to make pickles this year for some odd reason. Actually, my sister Celia is famous for her homemade pickles in her town--we used to can pickles every summer growing up and she just kept making them (she uses my mom's recipe, too) and I have a lot of cucumbers that shouldn't go to waste so I decided that I want to try and make PICKLES!! Am I crazy?? I just need to find some "fresh dill". (Next year I'm going to grow my own). So, instead of "peeling" the day away, I helped Brian's dad with finding a gal to retrieve her very old carpet, went to a yardsale, cleaned the bathroom/scrubbed the tub/cleaned out the clogs in the sink, scrubbed the stairway, vacuumed out the heating ducts/registers, went to IHOP for lunch with my family (I had the talapia with holindaise--it was so delicious), did a few loads of laundry, got ready and went to the Relief Society broadcast while Brian made another quadruple batch of salsa, chatted with my mom and sis until 11:00 p.m.

What? It's almost midnight by now--so, it's time for sleep so I can get up, make Sunday dinner, bathe the boys, finish my lesson for Mia Maids, survive the Church meetings and then.........relax?? That's a novel idea, ay?

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

WOW I need that kind of energy to get some canning done. you inspire me to do better at it!!!

Jackson 8 said...

I know what you can bottle how about that energy. I will place my order now for a bottle of Marilee's energy.